Arnold & Son has revealed the Sir John Franklin Set, a new range of three timepieces that will be introduced as part of its Instrument Collection.
The highlight of the new range is the dial, which presents a recreation of three famous paintings taken from London’s National Maritime Museum. Each depicts an episode in the life of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror, two vessels that ultimately perished in the course of Sir John Franklin’s ill-fated expedition to discover the North-West Passage in the mid-19th century.
All watches in the Sir John Franklin Set will feature a 44 mm case presented in 18-carat rose gold and will contain an in-house self-winding A&S6103 movement that beats at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour and has 30 jewels.
It has hours, minutes and true beat seconds, of which are displayed on its mother-of-pearl dial and contained within a cambered sapphire crystal display with anti-reflective coating on both sides. The caseback is seethrough and allows the wearer to view the inner workings of the skeletonised oscillating weight of the movement.
The “Friendly Encounter,” “Antarctic Adventure,” and “North-West Passage” watches will be limited to a quantity of only 28 pieces each. All are supplied on a hand-stitched brown alligator leather strap.
The Arnold & Son – Sir John Franklin Set boasts a minimum power reserve of approximately 50 hours and is water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 meters or 100 feet).
- Self-winding in-house A&S6103 movement
- 44 mm case presented in 18-carat rose gold
- Hours, minutes and true beat seconds
- Beats at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour and has 30 jewels
- Part of the Arnold & Son Instrument Collection
- Available in three different versions including “Friendly Encounter,” “Antarctic Adventure,” and “North-West Passage”, each limited to only 28 pieces
- Hand-finished miniatures on mother-of-pearl dial
- Cambered sapphire with anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Minimum power reserve of approximately 50 hours
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 m / 100 ft)
- Supplied on hand-stitched brown alligator leather strap