Ball Watch Company has announced that it will introduce the Engineer Master II Super Navigator, a new timekeeper aimed at pilots and flight crew.
The 46 mm timepiece is produced using stainless steel with a Mumetal inner case, that provides shielding and anti-magnetic resistant of 80,000 A/m. Officially certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC), it is powered by an automatic caliber Ball RR1408-C movement.
Dubbed the “the pilot’s best friend in adverse conditions”, it allows for complex flight-related computing as well as everyday mathematical calculations with a simple twist of the bezel. These functions are achieved through the special aviator-grade E6B circular slide rule. The calculations include multiplication and division functions, aviation time-to-arrival calculations, airspeed calculations, distance calculations, fuel consumption calculations, nautical mile / kilometer conversions and foreign currency conversions.
These are in addition to hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds and date display functions of the watch. Also on offer is the Engineer Master II Super Navigator’s Chronograph functions with accumulated measurement up to 12 hours.
Supplied on a rubber strap with standard buckle, the dial, hour, minute and seconds hands are complemented by 21 micro gas tubes that allow for easy night reading capabilities.
The Engineer Master II Super Navigator is rated to withstand up to 5,000Gs of shock impact and is water resistant up to 5 bar (50 meters or 165 feet).
- Automatic caliber Ball RR1408-C movement
- 46 mm case produced in stainless steel with Mumetal inner case
- Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds and date display
- Chronograph with accumulated measurement up to 12 hours
- Black dial encased within sapphire crystal display with anti-reflective treatment
- 21 micro gas tubes on hour, minute, second hands and dial for night reading capability
- Officially certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC)
- Shock resistant to 5,000Gs
- Patented anti-magnetic protection up to 80,000A/m
- Bidirectional rotating bezel with slide rule
- Supplied on rubber strap with standard buckle
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 5 bar (50 m / 165 ft)