Ball Watch Company has announced that it will introduce the Trainmaster Kelvin, which pays homage to William Thomson, 1st Baron Kelvin, an Irish and British physicist and engineer born in 1824 in Belfast.
The 39.5 mm case is produced using stainless steel and will contain an in-house automatic caliber Ball RR1601-C mechanism that includes the TMT mechanical thermometer module.
Developed by Ball Watch, this function measures the outside temperature between n -31°F and 113°F (-35°C and 45°C ) with an accuracy of 97%. The thermometer readers are depicted in increments of 18°F (5°C) in the half-moon shaped window at 6 o’clock on the dial.
In addition, the Trainmaster Kelvin has been officially certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC) and features hours, minutes, sweep seconds and date functions. It is shock resistant up to 5,000Gs, anti-magnetic to 4,800A/m and water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar. That’s a total of 30 meters or 100 feet.
The watch is available in a selection of models, including with a grey or silver dial that is complete with a Celsius or Fahrenheit scale, of which have 14 micro tubes of gas on the hour, minute, second hands and dial for night reading capability.
Each model is complemented by a sapphire crystal display with anti-reflective treatment and a see-through caseback that allows the wearer to view the inner workings of the movement itself. The Trainmaster Kelvin is supplied on a crocodile leather strap with a standard buckle.
- Automatic caliber Ball RR1601-C mechanism
- 39.5 mm case produced in stainless steel
- TMT mechanical thermometer module
- Seethrough caseback
- Officially certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC)
- Shock resistant to 5,000Gs
- Anti-magnetic resistance to 4,800A/m
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 m / 100 ft)
- Sapphire crystal glass display with anti-reflective treatment
- 14 micro tubes of gas on the hour, minute, second hands and dial for night reading capability
- Available with grey or silver dial and Celsius or Fahrenheit scale
- Supplied on a crocodile leather strap with a standard buckle