Blancpain has announced that it will be continuing its support for the Only Watch charity auction this year with a unique version of its Villeret Traditional Chinese Calendar.
The 45 mm timepiece will be presented with an 18-carat red gold finish and will house a unique and exclusive homological mechanism developed by the manufacturer in Le Brassus with a total of 469 components and 36 rubies.
Its self-winding movement is complete with double-hour indication, signs of the zodiac, date, month of the Chinese calendar, indication of the five elements, the celestial stems and the leap months. A Gregorian calendar, moon phases and under-lug correctors are also featured.
The sapphire crystal glass display of the piece encompasses a black grand feu enamel dial that includes a chapter ring with applied gold hour-markers, as well as indications that are painted in gold before firing.
Its caseback is see-through and allows the wearer of the one-off timepiece to view the very inner workings of the movement and its oscillating weight, which has been specially crafted in a black champlevé enamel finish and bears the Only Watch inscription.
The Villeret Traditional Chinese Calendar boasts a minimum power reserve of approximately 168 hours and is water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 meters or 100 feet).
- 45 mm diameter case presented in 18-carat red gold
- Traditional Chinese Calendar [double-hour indication, signs of the zodiac, date, month of the Chinese calendar, indication of the five elements, the celestial stems and the leap months]
- Gregorian calendar and moon phases
- Under-lug correctors and secured movement
- A total of 469 components and 36 rubies
- Sapphire crystal glass display and caseback
- Black grand feu enamel dial featuring a chapter ring with applied gold hour-markers
- Seethrough caseback with oscillating weight specially crafted in a black champlevé enamel finish
- Minimum power reserve of approximately 168 hours
- Unique, one-of-a-kind creation for Only Watch 2015
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 m / 100 ft)