Blancpain has announced that it will introduce the Bathyscaphe Chronographe Flyback Ocean Commitment, a new timepiece into its Fifty Fathoms Collection.
It has confirmed that for each piece sold it will donate €1000 to scientific expeditions and initiatives. The Bathyscaphe Chronographe Flyback Ocean Commitment is exclusive to 250 pieces.
The 43 mm case, which is smaller than core models in the Fifty Fathoms Collection, will house Blancpain’s F385 calibre movement, which runs at a frequency of 36,00 vibrations/per hour (5 Hz) with 37 jewels.
The Bathyscaphe Chronographe Flyback Ocean Commitment will boast a minimum power reserve of 50 hours and is water resistant up to a pressure of 30 bar – that’s 300 meters or 984 ft.
Every timepiece will be supplied with a copy of Blancpain’s collectible volume entitled “Fifty Fathoms The Dive and Watch History 1953-2013” and is individually numbered. A certificate will be included to confirm a donation has been made on behalf of the owner.
- Blancpain F385 calibre movement
- 43 mm diameter case
- Minimum power reserve of 50 hours
- Freqneucy of 36,600 vibrations per/hour with 37 jewels
- Sapphire crystal caseback
- Limited to 250 timepieces
- Certificate confirming donation of 1000 euros included with each piece
- Supplied with “Fifty Fathoms The Dive and Watch History 1953-2013”
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 30 bar (300 m / 984 ft)