Watch manufacturer Breitling has announced that it will introduce the Superocean II, a new addition to its range of diving watches aimed at professional and military divers, as well as recreational diving enthusiasts.
The new timepiece will be available in a range of models that include a 36, 42 or 44 mm case. Presented in steel, the range of watches will be powered by a Breitling Caliber 17 movement that beats at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour with 25 jewels.
Its unidirectional rotating bezel features large numerals, a countdown of the last 15 dive-time minutes and a triangle with a luminescent market at the 12 o’clock position.
A selection of dials will be available, that include volcano black and mariner blue, for the 42 and 44 mm models and volcano black and hurricane white for the 36 mm variation. All of which are contained within a cambered sapphire crystal display that is glareproofed on both sides and complemented by large rounded Arabic numerals enhanced with white luminescent coating and oversized hands.
The Breitling Superocean II’s 36 mm case will be water resistant to 200 meters or 660 feet, whilst the 42 mm case will be water resistant to 500 meters or 1,650 feet and the last, the 44 mm will be water resistant to 1,000 meters or 3,300 feet.
It will be supplied on a rubber Ocean Racer or rubber Diver Pro/Professional strap. Alternatively, a leather strap will also be available for the entire range.
- Self-winding Breitling Caliber 17 movement
- Available in 36, 42 or 44 mm steel case
- Beats at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour with 25 jewels
- Unidirectional rotating bezel with large numerals, a countdown of last 15 dive-time minutes and a triangle with luminescent market at 12 o’clock
- Cambered sapphire crystal display that is glareproofed on both sides
- Officially certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC)
- Supplied on rubber Ocean Racer or Diver Pro/Professional strap; alternative leather strap also available