Bulgari has announced that it is set to introduce the E-Magnesium, a new take on connected smart watches that has been developed as part of a partnership with WISeKey.
The 41 mm timepiece, which is made from steel with a dial produced using Magnesium and Peek (polymer), is complemented by a bezel engraved with a double Bulgari logo.
It is powered by Bulgari Vault, which utilizes Near Field Communication technology (NFC) that enables the watch to transmit information back and forth from connected devices including, but not limited to, smartphones.
This technology, already available on iOS and Android systems, simply requires the wearer to place the watch near the smartphone, in order for a connection to be established. Additional uses include making payments, opening house and car doors, automatic calls, data transfer, transport tickets and many more.
Through its partnership with WISekey, Bulgari ensures that only the wearer has access to the confidential content that is recorded, with banking level security.
Each timepiece will include a user manual, certificate of authenticity, activation of the guarantee, automatic registration with the Leonardo da Vinci Club, and traceability of all operations conducted on the watch.
- 41 mm diameter steel case
- Dial made from Magnesium and Peek (polymer)
- Ceramic bezel engraved with double Bulgari logo
- Black PVD caseback with steel PVD crown set with a black ceramic lozenge
- Mechanical, self-winding movement
- Minimum power reserve of approximately 42 hours
- Frequency of 28,800 vibrations/per hour (4 Hz)
- Secured NFC chip and antenna integrated into watch
- Supplied with Vulcanised rubber strap with Peek pin buckle