Bulgari, the Swiss luxury watchmaker has announced that it will introduce the Octo Solotempo, a new addition to its range for the year.
The 38 mm timepiece will be powered by a self-winding in-house Solotempo movement that beats at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour with 26 rubies. It is this movement that drives the watches hours, minutes and seconds functions, along with the date display window that is located at the 3 o’clock position.
Furthermore, a bidirectional oscillating weight mounted on ceramic ball bearings is present, as is an instantaneous date change function, which is equipped with a stop-seconds mechanism serving to lock the balance-wheel when the crown is pulled out.
It will be available in a variety of models that include a steel or 18-carat pink gold case of which is complemented by a black lacquered or silver-toned dial, depending on the version. Similarly, each piece is presented on a steel or steel and gold bracelet, or alternatively an alligator strap.
The caseback of the watch is transparent and allows the wearer to observe the very inner workings of the movement and its Côtes de Genève finish in its entirety. This is encased within a sapphire crystal display.
The Octo Solotempo from Bulgari boasts a minimum power reserve of approximately 42 hours and is water resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar. For the layman, that’s the equivalent depth of 100 meters or 330 feet.
- Self-winding in-house Solotempo movement
- 38 mm diameter case; available in steel or 18-carat pink gold
- Beats at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour with 26 rubies
- Hours, minutes and seconds, date window at 3 o’clock
- Bidirectional oscillating weight mounted on ceramic ball bearings
- Instant date change, equipped with a stop-seconds mechanism
- Côtes de Genève, snailed and sandblasted decoration
- Bevelled and polished bridge rims
- Circular satin-brushed wheels, burnished pivots, chamfered holes
- Domed and polished screw heads.
- Black lacquered or silver-toned dial depending on the version
- Alligator strap or steel or steel/gold bracelet, depending on the version
- Minimum power reserve of approximately 42 hours
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 m / 330 ft)