Swiss watchmaker Eterna has announced that it will launch the Royal KonTiki Chronograph GMT, a new addition to its KonTiki collection of watches.
The 45 mm timepiece is presented in stainless steel case that consists of five black ceramic parts, each separated by five black, PVD-coated screws and arranged in way that purposefully depicts the famous Eterna logo.
It will be powered by an in-house automatic-winding Eterna calibre 3927A movement that achieves a minimum power reserve of approximately 60 hours and is equipped with Spherodrive technology. In addition to hours, minutes and seconds functions, the watch will also include a 24-hour indicator and chronograph flyback with hour, minute and second counters.
The Royal KonTiki Chronograph GMT’s dial will be available in a choice of two colours: red or blue. It will be complemented by a wave design in the centre of the dial, which pays homage to Thor Heyerdahl’s ocean-going expedition, to which the timepiece has for decades owed its name.
Furthermore, its appliqués and indices are coated with white Super-LumiNova, as are its hands, which provide a contrast against the backdrop to ensure its legibility and readability, under a variety of lighting conditions. The silver-coloured numerals in the sub-dials and date display likewise stand out against their black backgrounds.
The Eterna Royal KonTiki Chronograph GMT is supplied on a bracelet created using links made from high-quality black rubber and stainless steel.
- Automatic-winding Eterna calibre 3927A movement
- Hours, minutes and seconds functions
- Chronograph flyback with hour, minute and second counter
- 24-hour indicator
- 45 mm diameter case made from stainless steel, with five ceramic parts
- Equipped with Spherodrive technology
- Dial available in either red or blue, complemented by wave design that pays homage to Thor Heyerdahl’s ocean-going expedition
- Minimum power reserve of approximately 60 hours
- Appliqués and indices coated with white Super-LumiNova
- Supplied on bracelet consisting of links made from high-quality black rubber and stainless steel