The House of Harry Winston has announced the Midnight Feathers Automatic, a new timepiece that will launch as part of its line-up for the year.
The 42 mm watch will house a mechanical automatic winding HW2008 mechanism with a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz), 28 jewels and a total of 186 working components.
Produced using 18-carat rose gold, the Midnight Feathers Automatic will feature both hours and minutes functions that are displayed upon its animal-inspired dial.
Contained with a sapphire crystal display, the dial is presented entirely in a marquetry of brown and black domestic goose feathers. Each piece is hand-made and one of a kind.
The transparent caseback of the Midnight Feathers Automatic allows the wearer to view the very inner workings of the mechanical movement and its skeletonised oscillating weight. The mechanism itself will be finished in 18-carat white gold, with circular graining and bevelled bridges.
Each piece will be supplied on a brown alligator leather strap and is water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar. That is the equivalent of 30 meters or 100 feet.
- Mechanical automatic winding HW2008 mechanism
- 42 mm case produced in 18-carat rose gold
- 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz) with 28 jewels
- Hours and minutes functions
- A total of 186 working components
- Dial displaying a marquetry of brown and black domestic goose feathers
- Supplied on a brown alligator leather strap
- Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
- Part of the Harry Winston Midnight Collection
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 m / 100 ft)