Swiss manufacturer MB&F has announced that it will release the HMX 10th Anniversary Horologic Machine, a tribute to humble beginnings.
The tagline for the new model is “A creative adult is a child who survived”, referencing a child’s sense of wonder and awe. This is to pay homage to MB&F founder Maximilian Büsser, who dreamt of becoming a car designer.
The HMX further reiterates upon this with its automobile-inspired design, available in Lotus Black, British Racing Green, Ferrari Red and Bugatti Blue.
Each timepiece encompasses an automatic winding mechanical movement, which boasts a minimum power reserve of 42 hours. Visible through the caseback are the inner workings of the watch – including its 22K gold rotor.
The case, which has been designed to represent an engine cover, is complete with supercar-inspired dual “rocker covers” on top of the movement. It also features fully functioning oil caps.
Rotating discs atop the movement feature mirror image numerals of the HMX’s bi-directional jumping hours and trailing minutes. These are reflected 90° and magnified by two sapphire crystal optical prisms that project the time onto the front vertical display.
The light that passes through the transparent engine cover illuminates both the top of the HMX’s engine and backlights the time display.
Produced in grade 5 titanium and stainless steel, the HMX 10th Anniversary Horologic Machine is available in an exclusively limited run of 20 pieces per colour. That’s 80 in total.
- Three-dimensional horological engine
- Minimum power reserve of 42 hours
- Dimensions: 46.8 x 44.3 x 20.7 mm
- Grade 5 titanium and stainless steel case
- Available in Lotus Black, British Racing Green, Bugatti Blue or Ferrari Red
- Dual reflective sapphire crystal prisms with integrated magnifying lens.
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 m / 100 ft)
- Limited to 20 pieces per colour, for a total of 80 pieces