Oris has announced that it will introduce the Audi Sport Limited Edition II, a new timepiece developed through its partnership with Audi Sport that pays homage to the Audi R18 e-tron quattro.
The 44 mm watch is presented in a multi-piece titanium case that encompasses an in-house automatic Oris caliber 778 movement that is based on the Sellita SW 500. In addition, has a bi-rotating black ceramic bezel with a minute scale and rubber coated coated ‘good grip’ insert on the outside edge.
Its automatic chronograph function features a 10-minute countdown, useful for drivers, which allows them to keep track of race start times. A day and date display aperture is located at the 3 o’clock position, whilst retrograde small seconds are on offer at 9 o’clock.
The all-black design of the timepiece is carried over onto the dial, which includes a tachymeter scale. It is complemented by applied numerals filled with black Super-LumiNova, black polished nickel hour and minute hands with a Super-LumiNova inlay, and central seconds and sub-dial counter hands in red. All of which is contained within a sapphire crystal display with domed glass and anti-reflective coating on both sides.
Its special engraved titanium case back with black DLC coating is engraved individually with a limited number and features a silhouette of the Audi R18 e-tron Quattro.
Oris is the Official Watch Partner of the Audi Sport teams racing in both the FIA World Endurance Championships (WEC) and German Touring Car Championship (DTM). In 2014, it topped the podium with the Oris-sponsored Audi R18 e-tron Quattro, which was piloted to victory by a team that included Swiss driver and Oris Ambassador Marcel Fässler.
The Audi Sport Limited Edition II will be available in a limited quantity of only 2,000 pieces and is supplied on a black perforated leather racing strap. It is water resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 meters or 330 feet).
- Automatic Oris calibre 778 movement, based on Sellita SW 500
- 44 mm multi-piece titanium case with screw-in stainless steel crown and stainless steel pushers
- Chronograph function, and day and date function at 3 o’clock
- Bi-rotating black ceramic bezel with minute scale and rubber coated ‘good grip’ insert on the outside edge
- Two piece matt black dial. Dial ring with tachymeter scale directly assembled to the case. Second and minute counters
- Sapphire crystal domed on both sides and with anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Applied numerals filled with black Super-LumiNova. Black polished nickel hour and minute hands with Super-LumiNova inlay; central seconds and sub-dial counter hands in red
- Special retrograde small seconds display at 9 o’clock developed by Oris
- Black perforated leather racing strap with black DLC coated titanium folding clasp
- Special engraved titanium case back with black DLC coating and limited number
- Limited availability of only 2,000 timepieces