Swiss watchmaker Oris has announced that it will release the Calobra Chronograph Limited Edition II, a new timepiece that pays homage to the Oris Rally Clásico.
The 44 mm watch is inspired by the dashboard of cars that took part in the rally during the 1960s and 1970s. It will be presented in a multi-piece stainless steel case that is complete with a screw-in stainless steel crown and stainless steel pushers.
It will be powered by an automatic in-house Oris calibre 676 movement that is based on the ETA 7753 and features chronograph function and a date display at the 6 o’clock position. In addition, its dark green ceramic bi-directional bezel includes a minute scale and rubber coated ‘good grip’ insert on the outside edge.
A highlight of the watch is its two piece dial. The black dial ring includes a tachymeter scale, whilst the matt black dial with minute and hour counters is complemented by hands and printed Arabic numerals with Super-LumiNova.
It is contained within a sapphire crystal display that is domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating. Furthermore, its caseback is presented in stainless steel and is individually engraved with a number that reflects its limited availability of only 250 pieces.
The Oris Calobra Chronograph Limited Edition II will be water resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 meters or 330 feet). It will be supplied on a black perforated leather racing strap with stainless steel folding clasp.
- Automatic movement Oris calibre 676
- 44 mm diameter multi-piece case presented in stainless steel
- Chronograph function and date at 6 o’clock
- Screw-in stainless steel crown and stainless steel pushers
- Bi-directional turning dark green ceramic bezel with minute scale and rubber coated ‘good grip’ insert on the outside edge
- Special engraved stainless steel case back and engraved limited number
- Two piece dial; black dial ring with Tachymeter. Matt black dial with minute and hour counters and printed Super-LumiNova Arabic numerals. White nickel hands filled with Super-LumiNova
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 m / 330 ft)
- Supplied on black perforated leather racing strap with stainless steel folding clasp
- Limited availability of only 250 timepieces