Oris has announced that it will introduce the Carlos Coste Limited Edition IV, a new diver’s timepiece that has been designed with freediving in mind.
The watch is named after the brands long-time ambassador and record-breaking free diver Carlos Coste, who in 2003 became the first person to break the 100-metre barrier in the free immersion category. He later, in 2010, set a new Guinness World Record by swimming 150 meters through the Dos Ojos, an underwater cave network in the Yucatán Peninsula, Mexico, on a single breath.
Celebrating the Carlos’ upcoming record-breaking attempt, the new multi-piece 46 mm case made from titanium will house an automatic mechanical movement Cal. 743, based on SW 220-1, with date at 3 o’clock and small second between 7 and 9 o’clock.
Its unidirectional rotating top ring has been coated with a white Super-LumiNova minute scale set into the black ceramic inlay that ensures the wearer is able to read the dive time remaining even in the murky depths. This is further complemented by a black dial with applied indexes and hands filled with bright orange Super-LumiNova, of which is contained within a sapphire crystal display that is domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating to minimize the glare.
The Carlos Coste Limited Edition IV will be water resistant up to a pressure of 50 bar – a very hefty 500 meters. Each piece will be supplied on a black rubber strap with Oris-developed safety anchor and quick adjustment sliding-sledge folding clasp, whilst a titanium bracelet will also be available.
It will be available in a limited quantity of 2,000 pieces worldwide and will be presented in a special waterproof case, it has been confirmed.
- Oris automatic mechanical movement Cal. 743, based on SW 220-1, with date at 3 o’clock and small second between 7 and 9 o’clock
- Multi-piece titanium case. Water resistance to 50 bar/500m
- Diver’s unidirectional revolving top ring with black ceramic inlay and minute scale
- Screw-in stainless steel crown for time and date setting at 2 o’clock and manual helium valve at 3 o’clock
- Screwed titanium case back with Carlos Coste’s emblem
- Sapphire crystal domed on both sides and with anti-reflective coating inside
- Black dial with applied indices and Nickel hands, both with orange Super-LumiNova inlay
- Black rubber strap with Oris-developed safety anchor and quick adjustment sliding-sledge folding clasp in titanium. Also available with titanium bracelet