Oris is to introduce the Thelonious Monk Limited Edition, a new addition to its collection of watches that honours the iconic figures from the world of jazz.
It pays homage to Thelonious Monk, who in 1944 wrote Round Midnight. He is widely regarded as one of America’s finest jazz pianists and composers.
The 40 mm watch is produced in stainless steel and is powered by an automatic Oris calibre 733 movement that is based on a SW200 mechanism. It has 11 minute markers displayed between the 10 and 12-hour markers, a nod to Monk’s dissonant technique.
The caseback is engraved with the words “Monk Always Know”, which refers to one of Monk’s most memorable quips and is inspired by the letters on his custom-made ring. To his audiences, the ring appeared to read “Know”, but when approached, he would explain it said “Monk”.
The watch is finished with a sunray dial in smoke blue with polished dots, of which is encased within a sapphire crystal domed display with anti-reflective coating.
It is water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 meters or 100 feet) and is supplied on a black leather strap with stainless steel folding clasp.
The Thelonious Monk Limited Edition will be available in a limited quantity of only 1,000 timepieces and will be presented in a wooden box with a satin grey lacquer finish.
- 40 mm case produced in stainless steel
- Automatic Oris calibre 733 movement
- Based on the SW200 mechanism
- Caseback engraved with “Monk Always Know”
- Sunray dial presented in smoke blue with polished dots
- Sapphire crystal domed display with anti-reflective coating
- Pays homage to jazz pianist and composer Thelonious Monk
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 m / 100 ft)
- Supplied on a black leather strap with stainless steel folding clasp
- Presented in wooden box with a satin grey lacquer finish
- Limited availability of only 1,000 timepieces