Oris, the Swiss watch manufacturer has announced that it will be launching the Tycho Brahe Limited Edition, a new addition to its line-up for the year.
The 42 mm timepiece is presented in a multi-piece stainless steel case with stainless steel crown. It is powered by an automatic Oris calibre 761 movement that is based on the Sellita SW220, which has been redesigned, rethought and restructured to incorporate the Pointer Moon complication.
This function indicates the phases of the moon over the 29.5-day lunar cycle via a central hand that points to a gauge running around the outside of the dark blue dial. It jumps forward every half day, showing the phases of the moon more accurately than a traditional moon phase display.
Its sapphire crystal display is domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating on the inside, whilst the caseback is engraved with a drawing of the Tychonic system. It is complemented by applied indices and nickel hands with Super-LumiNova inlays, which ensures easy readability in a variety of lighting conditions.
Each piece will be supplied on a dark blue calf skin leather strap with crocodile pattern and stainless steel folding clasp. A metal bracelet option will also be available.
The Oris – Tycho Brahe Limited Edition is water resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 meters or 330 feet). It will be available in a limited quantity of only 500 timepieces and will be presented in a special hand-crafted wooden box.
- Automatic Oris calibre 761 movement
- Pointer Moon function and date display window at 6 o’clock
- 42 mm multi-piece stainless steel case, with stainless steel crown
- Sapphire crystal display with domed glass on both sides and anti-reflective coating inside
- Supplied on dark blue calf skin leather strap with crocodile pattern and stainless steel folding clasp; also available with a choice of metal bracelet
- Dark blue dial with applied indices and nickel hands, both with Super-LumiNova
- Caseback engraved with a drawing of the Tychonic system
- Presented in special hand-crafted wooden box
- Available in a limited quantity of only 500 timepieces
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 m / 330 ft)