Rolex has announced that it will introduce the Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40, a new take on one of its most prestigious models that dates back to the late 1950s.
The 40 mm timepiece will be available in a selection of models, designed to cater to an array of clients. The first model is presented in platinum with an ice blue dial and is depicted with a diagonal motif on a sunray finish.
Two additional models, produced in 18-carat Everose gold and 18-carat yellow gold, are presented with a sundust and champagne dial, respectively. The champagne dial is depicted with a sunray finish, whilst the sundust is presented with a striped motif upon a sunray finish. A fourth variation in 18-carat white gold with a polished finish is also available for purchase. This model, will see a quadrant motif on a silver sunray-finished dial.
The entire range is powered by an in-house caliber 3255 movement that beats at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz) with 31 rubies. Officially certified by the Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC), this mechanism achieves a minimum power reserve of approximately 70 hours.
It is this movement that drives the watches functions which include centre hour, minute and seconds hands, an instantaneous day and date display in apertures, unrestricted rapid-setting, and top-seconds for precise time setting.
The Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 is water resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 meters or 330 feet). It is supplied on a three-piece President bracelet that is presented in a finish matching that of the chosen model.
- Powered by an in-house caliber 3255 movement
- Beats at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz) with 31 rubies
- 40 mm diameter case
- Available in platinum, 18-carat Everose gold, 18-carat yellow gold or 18-catar white gold
- A selection of dials available for prospective wearers
- Officially certified by the Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC)
- Minimum power reserve of approximately 70 hours
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 m / 300 ft)
- Presented on three-piece President bracelet with matching finish