As per tradition, Tissot presented their new MotoGP collection at Baselworld 2015. This year the Automatic Limited Edition is in my option more masculine in its expression. The red and black aesthetic and familiar GT stripes complement the edgy new case design and new pushers shaped like bike footrests.
Other elements of the watch that clearly take inspiration from motorbikes is the bezel which illustratres a brake-disk, the tyre trace on the back of the strap, all the way to the rear suspension rode in the straps attachment to the case.
The movement is the commonly used ETA C01.211 Automatic Chronograph, which Tissot uses for most of their automatic chronographs. The movement can be viewed thought the wheel shaped caseback.
As usual, the watches in the T-Race MotoGP collection comes in a presentation box shaped as a motorcycle helmet. A first for Tissot however, the box for the Automatic edition also has a built in movement winder.
Tissot has this year limited the number of MotoGP Automatics to just 3,333 prices. It will go on sale in Tissot’s own stores around April, but we will most likely not see it at independent Tissot retailers before later in June.
- Swiss made
- Automatic movement
- 316L stainless steel case with black PVD coating and see-through caseback
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- Water resistance up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 m / 330 ft)
- Synthetic strap with folding clasp and push-buttons
- Limited edition of 3333 pieces
- MotoGP presentation box with movement winder