Ulysse Nardin has announced that it will launch the Hannibal Minute Repeater, a new limited edition timepiece into its collection.
The 44 mm watch will be produced in platinum and will contain an in-house manual-winding UN-78 mechanism, with a Westminster Carillon Tourbillon and Jaquemarts Minute Repeater. In addition, it will feature striking of hours, quarters and minutes with four different chimes (Mi-Do-Re-Sol).
The dial, of which is contained within a sapphire crystal glass display with anti-reflective treatment depicts Hannibal, straddling his horse, and accompanied by one of his elephants and a regiment of warriors.
The platinum and granite used to craft the Hannibal Minute Repeater is sourced from the very mountain chain Hannibal and his brigade crossed in the third century B.C.
It boasts a minimum power reserve of approximately 70 hours and is water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar. That’s the equivalent of 30 meters or 100 feet.
The Ulysse Nardin – Hannibal Minute Repeater will be limited to only 30 timepieces worldwide, each of which will be supplied on a leather strap with folding buckle.
- Manual-winding caliber UN-78 movement
- 44 mm case produced using platinum and genuine granite sourced from the Alps
- Minimum power reserve of approximately 70 hours
- Westminster Carillon Tourbillon and Jaquemarts Minute Repeater
- Striking of hours, quarters and minutes
- Four different chimes (Mi-Do-Re-Sol)
- Supplied on leather strap with folding buckle
- Sapphire crystal display with anti-reflective treatment
- Limited availability of only 30 timepieces worldwide
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 m / 100 ft)