Swiss watch brand Ulysse Nardin has announced that it will launch the Hourstriker Oil Pump, a new addition to its Exceptional Collection.
The 42 mm timepiece will be presented in 18-carat rose gold or platinum and will contain an in-house caliber UN-610 self-winding movement. Its functions include a Hourstriker (striking of hours and half hours), automatic chime activation system and an animated Jaquemart in 18-carat gold.
The arms of the oil pumps themselves are Jaquemarts, of which have been animated to move up and down in concert with the sound of a gong striking the hours – or on request. It can be activated or deactivated by the wearer through a simple press of the pusher one.
This means, when the striking indicator is pointing towards the hour glass (on the left) the striking is deactivated and, when aimed towards the point, the striking mechanism is activated.
The dial of each piece – produced in black enamel – is housed within a sapphire crystal glass display with anti-reflective coating. It is supplied on a leather strap with folding buckle.
The Ulysse Nardin – Hourstriker Oil Pump will be available in a limited quantity of 18 pieces in rose gold and 18 pieces in platinum, it has been confirmed. It boasts a minimum power reserve of approximately 42 hours and is water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar. That is the equivalent of 30 meters or 100 feet.
- Self-winding caliber UN-610
- 42 mm diameter case
- Hourstriker (striking of hours and half hours)
- Automatic chime activation system
- Animated Jaquemart in 18-carat gold
- Dial presented in black enamel
- Sapphire crystal display with anti-reflective coating
- Supplied on leather strap with folding buckle
- Water resistant up to a pressure of 3 bar (30 m / 100 ft)
- Minimum power reserve of approximately 42 hours
- Limited to only 18 timepieces in rose gold or platinum