Voutilainen has announced that it will introduce the 28 Hisui, a new watch that will be limited to only one example piece.
The 39 mm timepiece will be produced in 18-carat white gold and will contain a movement that has been designed in-house by Voutilainen with hours and minutes functions. It has two escapement wheels and a free sprung balance with Grossman interior curve and Philips exterior curve and beats at a frequency of 18,000 vibrations per hour with 21 jewels.
The dial, is the highlight of the piece and features unique art that has been hand-crafted by the legendary Japanese lacquer studio Unryuan. It is contained within a sapphire glass display with anti-reflective treatment on both the front and back.
The entire manufacturing process of the 28 Hisui is handled in Voutilainen’s workshop. That includes the construction, fabrication, and assembly. Its main plate has been produced using pure German silver, whilst the bridges are made using a combination of both German silver and titanium.
The 28 Hisui will be limited to only one example piece, it has been confirmed by the Swiss watch manufacturer. Each piece is supplied on an alligator leather strap with matching tang buckle.
Voutilainen will also be launching the 28 Oukamon, as part of its collaboration with Japanese lacquer studio of Unryuan. The work will be overseen by Mr. T. Kitamura.
- Unique in-house designed movement with hours and minutes functions
- 39 mm case produced using 18-carat white gold
- New direct impulse escapement with two wheels
- Free sprung balance with Grossman interior curve and Philips exterior curve
- Hands produced using gold and steel
- Frequency of 18,800 vibrations per hour with 21 jewels
- Main plate made from German silver and bridges made from combination of silver and titanium
- Art decoration made by the legendary Japanese lacquer studio Unryuan
- Supplied on alligator leather strap with matching tang buckle
- Sapphire crystal glass front and back, with anti-reflective treatment
- Limited to only one unique example piece